For adoptive parents:
1. When your daughter burst into tears and said that she hates being adopted.
2. Because you your relationship with your child or teen is falling apart and you’re at a loss.
3. Because your daughter or son still has issues separating from you.
For adult adoptees (and older teens):
1. Because you can’t seem to move forward in your life, even though you really want to, and know you should.
2. Because you’re headed into parenting and marriage (or partnering) and can sense that the adoption issues that are bubbling up.
3. Because being adopted and suffering the losses and unanswered questions is wreaking havoc on your self-esteem.