I see families, individuals, adults and parents in private psychotherapy practice, in Newton, MA. My book, “Parenting in the Eye of the Storm: The Adoptive Parent’s Guide to Navigating the Teen Years,” published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers, is now available!
Previously worked at The Brookline Community Mental Health Center providing psychotherapy and education for individuals, families and groups. Also at Children’s Hospital, completed post-graduate fellowship and worked in Emergency Department conducting psychiatric evaluations for kids and families in crisis.
Consultation for schools about diversity/adoption issues, and for families visiting their country of origin and around the process of search (and possibly reunion).
Experience working in residential treatment facilities at Wediko Children’s Services, The Charlton School For Girls, Vinfen-Crisis Stabilization Unit(s) for Adolescents and Adults.
Extensive experience leading groups for therapeutic, psycho-ed and support groups for adoptive parents, Asian adoptees, clinicians and adolescent girls.
- Korean-American Adoptee Network – advisory council, presenter
- National Association of Social Workers – ongoing member
- A Home Within – national organization that provides therapy for foster kids and adults pro bono. Participating clinician.
- MSW Simmons Graduate School of Social Work, 2000
- Post-graduate fellowship at Children’s Hospital, Boston in outpatient therapy department plus the Emergency Department doing psychiatric evaluations.
- Presented at organizations such as:
- Wide Horizons For Children
- Jewish Children and Family Services
- Korean American Adoptee Network
- The Brookline Community Mental Health Center
- Children’s Hospital, Boston
- Adoptive Families Together, MSPCC
- Chinese Cultural Festival of Newton
- Adoption Community Of New England